VALERIE DA COSTA
TECH & DATA LAWYER (AVOCATE)
Valérie da Costa, avocate (lawyer) assists national and international companies of all sizes for all legal matters related to technologies, IT, data protection and e-commerce. She assists them in French, English and Portuguese.
Valérie da Costa is a senior lawyer with more than 10 years’ experience advising on technologies, IT, data protection and e-commerce matters.
She practiced in recognized international law firms (e.g. Baker McKenzie) and in-house in innovative, disruptive technology companies. She was a senior EMEA legal counsel at Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Services, DXC.technology and then the EMEA commercial legal counsel leading France at Amazon Web Services (AWS) (i.e. AWS France commercial legal director).
Valérie da Costa has a very deep understanding of the IT sector, including the Cloud (technology, business model, financial model). She has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating commercial and IT contracts including with banks and other financial institutions subject to the European Banking Authority (EBA) guidelines or recommendations.
Valérie da Costa worked in fast growing companies and can help you scale your legal matters.
A business partner, who will provide you with business oriented legal advice to help you reach your short-term and long-term business goals.
Thorough, hands-on, pragmatic, agile, expert, innovative, outside the box legal advice.
Very reactive and easily reachable on her mobile and by email.
I strongly recommend Valérie, who has assisted me in numerous contractual, tech, remote identification and privacy matters. Valérie is a perfect business partner. She has strong legal expertise and has always shown pragmatism, agility, reactivity and availability. When a matter did not fall under her scope of expertise, she put me in touch with the right lawyer. She is also very nice and easy to work with and I enjoy a lot collaborating with her.
— Samuel Steg, Legal Counsel SEMEA @ Onfido
Not long ago, we were looking for an expert lawyer to help us protect and grow our business. As we are beyond happy to have found her, we want you to meet Valérie DA COSTA:
Valérie has an in-depth understanding and hands-on expertise to truly counsel on all #SaaS, #tech and #privacy matters. We simply couldn’t have asked for a better match. It is a pleasure working with you, Valérie! 🤗
— Sitasys AG
I would add constructive mindset and a pleasure to work with 🙂
— Sales Manager – Amazon Web Services (AWS)
TRADITIONAL LEGAL MODEL AND FEE STRUCTURE
A DISRUPTIVE ENGAGEMENT MODEL: LEGAL-AS-A-SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION:
At a time when any business needs ongoing legal advice to be successful, having an expert lawyer ready to assist that you use in an easy, scalable, agile manner for a fixed monthly fee, is a real competitive advantage. With the Legal-as-a-Service Subscription, Valérie da Costa will be your legal business partner, ready to assist, on an ongoing basis, for a FIXED monthly FEE that you can ADJUST or STOP at the end of each month.
How does it work?
- You select your monthly subscription for the year based on the monthly number of hours of legal assistance you want.
- At the end of each month, you may modify your subscription (for a less or more expensive one) or stop your subscription.
- If you do not use all the hours included in your monthly subscription, you can roll your outstanding hours over to the next months.
- You pay your subscription fee monthly.
- Regular reports on the number of hours used will be provided to you by e-mail.
What will you get for your subscription?
- Any legal assistance within Valérie da Costa’s expertise during the number of hours included in your subscription. You decide. Regarding some questions outside of her expertise, Valérie da Costa can help you select and manage the appropriate lawyers.
- It can be oral or written advice.
- All legal assistance is provided directly and solely by Valérie da Costa (no interns or junior lawyers for instance). This ensures expertise, continuity, deep understanding of your business and internal processes, hands-on and pragmatic legal assistance. Valérie da Costa will act as your legal business partner.
- Valérie da Costa can directly assist any person within your company that you authorize.
- Discounted legal fees.
Examples of how Valérie da Costa assisted customers who subscribed to Legal-as-a-Service:
- Answering questions on phone calls or videoconferences
- Contract drafting, review and/or negotiation (full contract or just some clauses)
- Training of internal teams, defining, improving, implementing internal legal processes
- Defining legal priorities and roadmap
- Review and answer legal questions on new ANSSI, ENISA, ACPR frameworks, recommendations
- Representing the customer in videoconferences with authorities (such as the ANSSI)
- GDPR compliance assistance (audit, policies drafting, processes implementation…)
- Risk mitigation
- Risk and compliance analysis of new projects
- Many other things!
You can change or stop your subscription at the end of each month. Total fixed fee in Euros (VAT excluded) per month.
SUBSCRIPTION 1€675 per month
- 2,5 hours included per month
- € 725 for big companies
- VAT excluded
SUBSCRIPTION 2€1325 per month
- 5 hours included per month
- € 1400 for big companies
- VAT excluded
SUBSCRIPTION 3€1825 per month
- 7 hours included per month
- € 1925 for big companies
- VAT excluded
SUBSCRIPTION 4€2550 per month
- 10 hours included per month
- € 2700 for big companies
- VAT excluded